William Hague
thedarkman
2010-09-01 17:36:56 UTC
My solicitor, who is a notorious scandal monger, told me years ago
that William Hague bats for the opposition. Mind you, he said the same
thing about Gordon Brown.

I can't believe either of these men are in a lavender marriage but it
is rather, erm, embarrasssing.

http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/
Brimstone
2010-09-01 17:42:18 UTC
Post by thedarkman
My solicitor, who is a notorious scandal monger, told me years ago
that William Hague bats for the opposition. Mind you, he said the same
thing about Gordon Brown.
I can't believe either of these men are in a lavender marriage but it
is rather, erm, embarrasssing.
http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/
And your solicitor's source of information is?

I'd have thought that someone in such a trade would have known that such a
comment is slanderous.
Jon Ribbens
2010-09-01 18:06:06 UTC
Post by Brimstone
Post by thedarkman
I can't believe either of these men are in a lavender marriage but it
is rather, erm, embarrasssing.
And your solicitor's source of information is?
I'd have thought that someone in such a trade would have known that such a
comment is slanderous.
Is it slanderous? When was the last time someone in the UK
successfully sued over such an allegation? I was under the impression
that the legal system had more or less decided that calling someone
gay was not likely to lower their reputation in the eyes of
right-thinking persons, and therefore was not defamatory, regardless
of whether or not it was true.
Brimstone
2010-09-01 18:10:37 UTC
Post by Jon Ribbens
Post by Brimstone
Post by thedarkman
I can't believe either of these men are in a lavender marriage but it
is rather, erm, embarrasssing.
And your solicitor's source of information is?
I'd have thought that someone in such a trade would have known that such a
comment is slanderous.
Is it slanderous? When was the last time someone in the UK
successfully sued over such an allegation? I was under the impression
that the legal system had more or less decided that calling someone
gay was not likely to lower their reputation in the eyes of
right-thinking persons, and therefore was not defamatory, regardless
of whether or not it was true.
We live in times when such comments can injure a person's reputation, hence
Hague is responding to them.
ian field
Is it slander if William Vague actually *IS* a bum chum?
John Turner
2010-09-02 07:50:09 UTC
Post by Brimstone
I'd have thought that someone in such a trade would have known that such a
comment is slanderous.
Only if it's untrue.

John.
Joe Lee
2010-09-02 14:05:18 UTC
Post by Brimstone
Post by thedarkman
My solicitor, who is a notorious scandal monger, told me years ago
that William Hague bats for the opposition. Mind you, he said the
same thing about Gordon Brown.
I can't believe either of these men are in a lavender marriage but it
is rather, erm, embarrasssing.
http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/
And your solicitor's source of information is?
I'd have thought that someone in such a trade would have known that
such a comment is slanderous.
Well my solicitor told me that the LibDems have got into bed with the
Tories - so it looks like they're all at it!
Joe Lee
John Turner
2010-09-02 07:51:44 UTC
Post by thedarkman
My solicitor, who is a notorious scandal monger, told me years ago
that William Hague bats for the opposition.
Oh dear, a closet Nu-Layber luvvie?

John.
Maria
Where's his dik? We all need to know, now!
Brian Watson
2010-09-02 12:12:00 UTC
Post by thedarkman
My solicitor, who is a notorious scandal monger, told me years ago
that William Hague bats for the opposition. Mind you, he said the same
thing about Gordon Brown.
I can't believe either of these men are in a lavender marriage but it
is rather, erm, embarrasssing.
I think it highly unlikely Willy Hague is gay.

The whole story looks like a non-story created for a laugh by someone, then
perpetuated by the jolly old internet and anyone daft enough to fall for it.

I wouldn't care if he was gay: I just don't believe he is.
--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop